Table of contents:
- Method number 1. Sell it_1
- Method number 2. What to do with a wedding dress? Burn of course! _2
- Method number 3. Surprise his new girlfriend: send a wedding dress to her _3
- Method number 4. Sew several sets for newborns and sell (give away) them_4
- Method number 5. Donate to those in need_5
- Method number 6. Arrange a glamorous photo session_6
Video: What To Do With A Wedding Dress After A Divorce: 6 Mega-ways
On the day of the wedding, every girl wants to shine with beauty; but after the divorce, it turns out that the wedding dress has turned from a symbol of happiness into a reminder of troubles and suffering. However, for someone, divorce becomes a real liberation, which is worth celebrating on no less grand scale than a wedding.
The content of the article
- 1 Method number 1. Sell it
- 2 Method number 2. What to do with a wedding dress? Burn of course!
- 3 Method number 3. Surprise his new girlfriend: send a wedding dress to her
- 4 Method number 4. Sew several kits for newborns and sell (give away) them
- 5 Method number 5. Donate to those in need
- 6 Method number 6. Arrange a glamorous photo session
What about a wedding dress that you no longer need? Much depends on the state of mind and emotions about the once solemn attire. Today we will consider several interesting options for how to deal with it. We are sure that you will definitely choose the most suitable one for yourself.
Method number 1. Sell it_1
The easiest way, moreover, helping to help out some money. The rules for the successful sale of a wedding dress are as follows:
- Set an adequate price. If the outfit is in good condition, it is best to sell it for a third of its original cost. This way it will leave faster.
- Write a short and succinct description. Do not over-paint your product - just indicate the price, size, brand and collection. Refrain from poetic epithets like "the most seductive" or "angelic" dress. After all, each customer has her own taste, so they are unlikely to convince her. You can add a link to the salon website where the purchase was made in the ad.
- Take a high-quality photo - the speed of sale will depend on it to the greatest extent.
- Indicate your contact information, the time of a possible meeting.
- Add a motivating gift to your ad. For example, wedding shoes or a handbag.
Method number 2. What to do with a wedding dress? Burn of course! _2
Naive young nymphs love selflessly looking through photos with wedding dresses and dreaming about what their wedding day will be like. But when a divorce happens, then all an adult woman wants to do is to end her unfulfilled hopes once and for all. Get even - albeit symbolically - for unrealized dreams of personal happiness.
That is why even psychologists advise some clients to burn wedding dresses after a divorce. It would seem that not the best thing for a woman, is it? But from a psychological point of view, it can be a great way to defuse. To do this, remember a few important points - otherwise the "magic" will not work.
- Follow all fire safety rules. Do not burn the dress at home or in an area where it is prohibited and punishable by a fine.
- It is best to put it in a large metal vat, and after setting it on fire, move back to a safe distance. The best option is to burn the dress in the countryside, by the pond. Alternatively, you can do it elsewhere, taking a portable fire extinguisher with you.
- Before you burn the dress, you can do one thing useful from a psychological point of view. Think about the negative experiences associated with marriage. Activate old unpleasant scenes, and mentally transfer negative feelings to this dress. You can tear it, cut it, hack it with scissors. Make the dress the object of your anger. Surrendering to emotions, do not completely immerse yourself in them: remain mindful so as not to inadvertently harm yourself.
- After that, you can start burning. Imagine how the whole past life is burning in this fire, which brought trouble and suffering.
- You don't have to wait for the dress to burn out completely, if you have already felt inner satisfaction. Collect the ashes or fill with water the remains of half-burnt trash. And then throw the rags away. For example, in the same river or trash can.
- Celebrate freedom. Now you can throw some real fun! Invite your friends and have a reckless pajama party. After all, you are energetically free from connections with the former. Let the wine flow like a river; order a ton of sweets or sushi depending on your tastes.
Method number 3. Surprise his new girlfriend: send a wedding dress to her _3
It also happens that after a divorce, a woman has a thirst for revenge. In the past, some girls have acted inappropriately and even against the law. For example, they wrote an obscene word denoting a woman of easy virtue with paint on the doors of a rival (well, you guessed what that strong word is). But we all remember that revenge is a dish that is served cold; so you can use a more elegant way of revenge. In addition, after it your rival will not leave the feeling of mystical fear and the expectation of an unhappy fate.
So, the option for the most vindictive is to present a dress as a gift to the new passion of the former right on the wedding day. Wrap the outfit in bright packaging, sign a postcard with wishes of happiness. It is not necessary to present the “gift” personally at the celebration. You can use courier delivery or postal services.
Yes, it is not her fault that she got such a copy. But since this person does not want to get to know you personally, and ask you for recommendations on how to use a new (for you - long forgotten old) guy, you will have to do so. Otherwise, how else can you remind the unfortunate woman of the fate that awaits her?
Method number 4. Sew several sets for newborns and sell (give away) them_4
And now - to more peaceful options. From frills and ruffles of a wedding dress, you will get cute little things for newborn babies. Therefore, if you like to do needlework, and you have creative ideas - go ahead! Get your dress out of the closet and sit at the sewing machine. The resulting charming caps and envelopes for the statement can be sold. Or give it to those who are about to have a baby.
Method number 5. Donate to those in need_5
Another option is to donate the dress to a charity. Some establishments are engaged in the fact that they accept unwanted clothes from the population and distribute them to the poor. So, if the dress is very beautiful and expensive, and you would like to do a good deed, please some poor girl. Maybe your outfit will bring more happiness to someone.
Method number 6. Arrange a glamorous photo session_6
A wedding dress can be used to create a special series of photographs. Its meaning is to take a series of pictures in which you perform in an "angelic" or "devilish" guise. For example, in one image you are in a snow-white dress and a veil with an innocent smile. On the other - in sexy underwear in a bright shade (black, red, or whatever you think is the most daring).
Divorce means breaking the bond forever, so getting rid of your old wedding dress and other reminders of the past is always helpful. You are unlikely to wear the same outfit for your next wedding; and your daughter is unlikely to want to wear an "unlucky" dress. So choose an option for yourself and boldly say goodbye to the past. After all, only after we let go of yesterday, we have the opportunity to step on the threshold of the future.