Table of contents:
Video: Top 10 Reasons To Divorce Spouses
Unfortunately, official statistics confirm that divorce is not such a rare occurrence. There can be many reasons for divorcing a marriage. And they are individual for each pair. The most common of them are described below.
The content of the article
- 1 How to understand that divorce is inevitable
- 2 Reasons for divorce
- 3 Conclusion
How to understand that divorce is inevitable
Sometimes the decision to dissolve a marriage is much more difficult than the decision to create one. Both spouses are in a stressful situation, they are overcome by various kinds of doubts. However, there are certain signs that clearly indicate that separation is imminent.
- Alone you feel more comfortable than next to the other half. As soon as you notice that the society of your spouse begins to strain or cause discomfort, then it is time to change something.
- You have nothing more to talk about. And this is not the case when "it's nice to be silent with your man." If all the conversations are dry, official, or, for example, only concern everyday issues.
- You have no interest in your other half. You do not consider it necessary to find out how his day went, what new happened in his life. And he, in turn, is not interested in your thoughts, plans and desires.
- There is no room for humor in your family life. Whatever one may say, but joint jokes and fun pastime brings people together and strengthens the union. A healthy sense of humor in both spouses is the key to a long and happy marriage.
- Sex has become a very rare guest or disappeared altogether. Remember, for sure at the very beginning of life together, all your quarrels ended in the bedroom. Now resentment and misunderstanding is growing like a snowball, displacing passion and desire.
Reasons for divorce2
Due to the peculiarities of character, perception, upbringing or moral values, what is a good reason for one person to break the union, for another is only a small obstacle on the way to family happiness. And, nevertheless, according to statistics, the lion's share of divorces occurs for the following reasons, described below.
- The addictions of one of the spouses. Alcoholism, drug addiction and gambling addiction are often the main factors in the decision to divorce. It is no secret that men are mostly susceptible to these ailments. And when the head of the family and its support for one reason or another begins to seek consolation in some kind of dependence, all responsibility is shifted onto fragile female shoulders. Endless reproaches and moralizing not only do not save, but rather exacerbate the situation. And the woman makes the only right decision - to divorce. Because codependent relationships are doomed.
- Treason. The reasons for marital infidelity are often sexual dissatisfaction with a partner, a search for thrills, or a sudden outbreak of passion for another person. Moreover, male infidelity is not considered to be something out of the ordinary. While women - with lightning speed pass into the rank of mortal sins. Often, having committed a betrayal, one of the spouses decides to immediately dissolve the marriage, without waiting for the partner's reaction.
- Financial well-being. And no matter how the well-known proverb convinces us in the opposite, but paradise in a hut is a very dubious pleasure. Of course, every family at least once faced temporary financial difficulties. But the key word here is “temporary”. If a couple regularly barely makes ends meet, and, most importantly, none of the spouses is trying to fix the situation, then things are bad.
- Assault and violence. Unfortunately, this reason is one of the most common. Millions of women are familiar with domestic violence. Many of them have long resigned themselves to the fate of the victim, many are afraid to file for divorce and thereby cause even more aggression from their husbands. And each of them once again, furtively wiping away tears, hopes that the faithful will reform. But as practice shows, their hopes are meaningless.
- Incompatibility of characters and views. This very reason can be seen in almost every act of divorce. Physical attraction alone is not enough to build a family. A man and a woman must certainly have common views on life, common goals, plans and aspirations. If this is not the case, then there is no harmony. This means that such a union is initially doomed to a short-lived existence. Often this incompatibility is manifested in the so-called misalliance. When one of the spouses is much older (younger) than the other, wealthy or poorer, or if the model of the ideal family of one partner is fundamentally different from the ideas of the other.
- Lack of respect for each other. For some men, as well as women, the words spoken in the registry office are worth absolutely nothing. Unwillingness to support each other in difficult times or to rejoice in happy moments, to be support for each other and the inability to compromise will sooner or later end in parting. A husband and wife should become, first of all, friends and companions.
- Intervention by relatives. Both distant and closest. Often, a young family does not have the opportunity to purchase their own housing, and is forced to coexist with the relatives of a husband or wife. It is impossible to say unambiguously which of the two "evils" is the lesser. Even the most peaceful mother-in-law will sooner or later (being constantly in the same kitchen) begin to point out her daughter-in-law's shortcomings. Even the most caring mother-in-law, no, no, and will hint to her daughter about the next offense of her son-in-law. Tension between spouses will build up every day and lead to regular conflicts. And then divorce is a stone's throw away.
- Distance. Much has been said and written about the benefits of the so-called guest marriage. But is it really so? Often a man is forced to leave the city (or country) in order to provide his family with a decent living. The spouses do not see each other for many months and suddenly come to understand that nothing else binds them.
- Inability to forgive. The grievances and mutual reproaches accumulated over the years stifle and prevent the development of normal relations. There is not a single family in which a husband or wife does not make mistakes. But only those couples in which the spouses have learned to sincerely forgive each other for those very wrongs and forget about them forever have every chance of a long-term existence.
- Lack of freedom in relationships. Everyone has an inviolable right to personal space. Controlling every step of your chosen one, you may not notice how one day he walks by. Of course, trust also plays a major role here. But from time to time, spouses need to take a break from each other. A wife should not torment her husband who has escaped on a fishing trip with hourly calls. And the husband does not need to harass his wife with interrogations, in which cafe she met with her friends and why she stayed for as long as 10 minutes.
Some psychologists say that from the very moment, as soon as the thought of divorce firmly stuck in your head, it's time to act. Their other colleagues, on the contrary, do not tire of repeating that it is much easier to destroy than to preserve. And people themselves are so individual that what is acceptable for one union is categorically contrary to the views of another. Therefore, there are marriages in which someone endures physical abuse for years, and someone goes to file for divorce because of an unwashed cup.