Table of contents:
- What is an Adam's apple and what is it like? I
- Why are voices not divided into male and female in childhood, and why does an Adam's apple grow in men?
- Facts and fictions about the Adam's apple: 3
Video: Why Do Men Have An Adam's Apple? Why Does The Adam's Apple Grow In Men?
Why do men have an Adam's apple, but women do not? Many people mistakenly believe that only men have the Adam's apple (also called the Adam's apple). In fact, the weaker sex is also endowed with the presence of this mysterious body part.
The content of the article
- 1 What is an Adam's apple and what is it like?
- 2 Why are voices not divided into male and female in childhood, and why does an Adam's apple grow in men?
- 3 Facts and fictions about the Adam's apple:
What is an Adam's apple and what is it like? I
If we consider this part of the body from the position of anatomy, we can conclude that the Adam's apple is two cartilages that have grown together. Adam's apple is designed to protect the thyroid gland, larynx and vocal cords. Why does the Adam's apple grow in men? Men, from the point of view of their physiology, are more prone to injury, therefore, at the level of evolution, they have developed such a neck structure. In the weak half of humanity, the Adam's apple is surrounded by a layer of fat that cannot be removed by diets and training. Thanks to this layer, the female neck looks so graceful.
Kadik also affects a person's voice - the more pronounced it is, the lower the timbre. It is this feature that determines the fact that women have a higher and more sonorous voice. Moreover, when a man undergoes sex reassignment surgery, his Adam's apple is reduced or removed altogether. This procedure, together with hormone therapy, changes the male harsh voice to a soft female one. But such operations are rarely performed by plastic surgeons. This is due to the fact that the larynx has a rather complex structural structure. Therefore, a transsexual can be calculated by the Adam's apple.
Why are voices not divided into male and female in childhood, and why does an Adam's apple grow in men?
Have you noticed that children, regardless of gender, have equally high voices? In boys aged 10-15 years, the voice begins to "break" and turns into a rough, low voice. What is the reason for this?
It turns out that the Adam's apple plays an important role in changing the timbre of the voice. The fact is that up to a certain age the cartilage, which will later become the Adam's apple, have a soft structure, so we do not notice any obvious differences among children's voices of different sexes.
In adolescence, around the age of 12, cartilage begins to harden. Given that males have longer vocal cords than females, the cartilage plates converge at right angles. Thanks to this structure, men can speak in a bass. In women, on the contrary, the cartilage grows together at an obtuse angle, providing the beautiful half with sonorous notes in the voice.
Facts and fictions about the Adam's apple: 3
- If a man has a well-defined Adam's apple, then he has a manly dignity of impressive size. It is not known who this myth was invented, but it has nothing to do with reality. Scientists and physicians have long denied it. In fact, the size of a man's Adam's apple has nothing to do with the size of his penis.
- The expression "bosom friend" is not associated with true friendship. This phrase is more suitable for the definition of "drinking companion", as it comes from the expression "to lay behind the Adam's apple" and is accompanied by a significant gesture - the edge of the palm is lightly hitting the Adam's apple.
- Kadik is also present in animals. Even in bats. With its help, little vampires can reproduce infrasound that the human ear cannot hear, but catches the hearing of an animal.
- In most countries where Orthodoxy is professed, the Adam's apple is called the Adam's apple. This expression has its roots in the Bible. There is a version that the Adam's apple is an apple stuck in Adam's throat, which he tasted from the hands of Eve.
- A blow to the Adam's apple, which is often used by participants in hand-to-hand combat, can lead to serious consequences, including the death of a person. This is due to the fact that there is a large accumulation of nerve endings around the thyroid cartilage. The pain can be so severe that a person loses consciousness from such a blow. In addition, trachea can be injured, leading to suffocation.
- Kadik also has a protective function. During swallowing, it closes the windpipe, thereby preventing food from entering.
Why do men have an Adam's apple? You have received the answer to this question. It can be concluded that this small, and at first glance, unnecessary organ plays an important role for the entire human body. Along with the first sex characteristics, it can be attributed to the main gender differences between a man and a woman.
Popular by topic
Women love charismatic men, that's a fact. So if you want to become a thief of women's hearts, then you have to develop charisma. How to do this and what is needed for this? Read in this article
It happens that girls ignore guys. But why do some ladies choose to ignore? What can cause a woman's silence and can it be fixed? Interesting? Then read on
Kissing is a form of passion and sympathy. But what is a French kiss and why is it called that? Today we'll talk about this and the technique of this kiss
Everyone likes to hear something nice addressed to them. Men love compliments as much as women. But what kind of compliments do the stronger sex like? How to present them correctly? You do not know? Then read on
What does heterosexual man or woman mean? What is the history of such relationships and what are the current realities. Problems of heterosexual relationships in society