Video: Social Media Addiction Is A Sign Of Unhealthy Relationships
BMC Psychology published a new study that found a link between Facebook abuse and difficulties in the personal life of subjects.
717 users of the popular social network assessed their psychological state and quality of their personal life.
Further, four signs of social media abuse were taken into account:
- The desire of the subjects to compare themselves with other users.
- Self-disclosure in the process of Internet communication - the message of excess personal information about yourself.
- Attempts to make a certain impression are dependent on the opinion of the interlocutor.
- An obsessive desire to log into Facebook.
It turned out that in many cases people can mistake symptoms of psychological problems for their own sociability!
The study publishes the following results:
- users of social networks, adjusting to the interlocutor at the expense of their own interests, avoid close and long-term relationships in life;
- people with low self-esteem who are afraid of losing touch with a partner exhibit all four of the above signs;
- further analysis confirmed that psychological stress and fear of not being able to maintain healthy relationships is the reason for this behavior on social media and in life.
Conclusion: People who are afraid of breaking up (and those who for this reason avoid romantic relationships) try to compensate for their lack of attention with the help of a popular social network.
Popular by topic
What does heterosexual man or woman mean? What is the history of such relationships and what are the current realities. Problems of heterosexual relationships in society
Yes, there is a dating site for serious relationships, only often there people sit in their monitors, being at work. Will there be time to get to know each other, to see each other?
Dating sites for serious relationships will be able to help in the search for a soul mate, about which our today's conversation will go
The article presents 50 important questions for a girl about relationships and love. Ask your girlfriend them to understand what she thinks about your relationship
The article presents 50 important questions for a guy about relationships and love. Ask your boyfriend them to understand what he thinks about your relationship